Power Systems and Power Electronics
Full-time 4 years Finished with title Ph.D.
Interested in searching for concepts and designing technologies for future power grids or you want to deal with nuclear physics or renewable sources? Want to design electric machines and drives being on the feasibility limits of current state of art? Want to participate in defining trends in lighting techniques? Interested in design of powerful converters of extreme features, their control and validation? Want to work in cutting-edge short circuit laboratory or unique laboratory for high voltage once dealing with the research and development of electric devices and instrumentation?
Open for challenges, want to further improve yourself and overcome demanding aims? Want to be part of research and development projects, or even be their leader? Want to improve your intellectual abilities, identify the issues, be able to solve them, improve your self-confidence, learn to communicate and work in team, present your results, gather skills that facilitate you to get the right job?
If you answered “yes” to at least one from the questions above, chose the dissertation thesis topic within the doctoral study program Power Systems and Power Electronics.
Detailed characteristics of the study program
Power Systems and Power Electronics – the best strategy for your future professional success
Any year of study
Required optional course
- Selected Chaps From Automatic Control (en)
- Selected Chaps From Measuring Techniques (en)
- Mathematical Modelling of Electrical Power Systems (en)
- New Trends and Technologies in Power System Generation (en)
- Electrotechnical Materials, Material Systems and Production Processes (en)
- Selected Diagnostic Methods, Reliability and Quality (en)
- Junctions and Nanostructures (en)
- Spectroscopic Methods for Non-Destructive Diagnostics (en)
- Statistics, Stochastic Processes, Operations Research (en)
- Discrete Processes in Electrical Engineering (en)
- Modern Microelectronic Systems (en)
- Microelectronic Technologies (en)
- Modern Electronic Circuit Design (en)
- Modern Digital Wireless Communication (en)
- Special Measurement Methods (en)
- Numerical Computations with Partial Differential Equations (en)
- Optimization Methods and Queuing Theory (en)
- Applied Cryptography (en)
- Selected Problems From Power Electronics and Electrical Drives (en)
- Topical Issues of Electrical Machines and Apparatus (en)